Discover the new cycling network
The Coast and active living go hand in hand. Whether you choose to go for a brisk cycle along the coastline, some strong peddling in the hinterland or just a nice and leisurely ride along the seafront... the Coast is every cycling fanatic’s dream!
And since 28 March 2016 even more so, thanks to the new cycling network. With some 400 new crossings, improved infrastructure, natural areas to go to and brand new links to other routes, cycling in Belgium’s province of West Flanders will be the most fun you’ve ever had.
The best cycling routes at the Coast
If you are in search of a nice cycling route at the seaside, then look no further, because you have found the new cycling network at the Belgian Coast. Go on one of the loops or make up your own route for the day with one of the new maps and enjoy the wonderful scenery on the way.
What’s new on the network?
After ten years, it was high time for a thorough shake-up to take the network into the next decennium, because cyclists (often with better and faster bikes, increasingly electric) and the infrastructure they want (new traffic-free cycle paths and old railway beds, new bike bridges and foot tunnels, etc.) had changed a lot.
- The new network has therefore been extended by 600 km and gained 405 crossings.
- All crossings have been renumbered.
- The signposting has been updated and all signs are now equipped with a QR code.
- More villages, natural areas, sites to see and traffic-free cycle paths have been included in the network.
- So the new network is safer, more attractive and offers cyclists even more possibilities!
Get the new maps.
Don’t forget your map if you’d like to go and discover the new cycling network. Each one only costs € 8 and includes all crossings in that region of West Flanders. Or why not just buy all four maps in one handy network box for € 25, including a free booklet with suggestions for your inspiration ...