Bredene is unique in a number of ways. It is the odd man out of the coastal resorts.
- Because of its central location, Bredene is ideally suited to the exploration of the coast and the hinterland.
- The 'maritime' flavour of Oostende is never far away, the art centres of Brugge and Damme lie within cycling distance and those who want to go further, can find numerous historic towns and areas within a stones throw.
- Even a day trip to London or Paris is possible from Bredene.
Beach and promenade in Bredene this summer
The general safety measures apply at all times.
- What is absolutely worth knowing?
In Bredene, there is no need to book your spot on the beach. Bubbles are welcome on the beach berm, the foreshore has been turned into a walking zone. Near the beach huts, the use of beach windbreaks is mandatory. Furthermore, to create more space for visitors, the nudist beach will be turned into a textile beach this summer. Promenade-related measures do not apply in Bredene (the coastal resort does not have a promenade).
- We’ll make sure that you’ll have a brilliant, carefree holiday!
The beach has been subdivided into zones and, per zone, beach coaches are on duty to steer everything in the right direction and to answer any questions. In addition, the level of activity on both beach and promenade will be monitored.
- Check the Bredene website
- Coming soon - Check out the overview of all the beach and promenade plans here
Current level of activity in Bredene
The chapel in its present form dates from 1720. Right from the start it has always been a favourite place of pilgrimage for Flemish fisherfolk. Many candles are burnt in the brick-built cave beside the chapel. A pilgrimage is held every year on the third Sunday of May.
Twins Clubs is surrounded by the dunes, the beach and the sea. It is home to surfers, windsurfers, kite-flyers and cat-sailors alike. An authentic atmosphere and ambiance that will move you to put on that wetsuit yourself.
Staf Versluys centrum
The Coast Pass
Due to the coronavirus opening hours and timetables of businesses may deviate. When in doubt, contact the business directly.