Belgian Coast Greeters
What is a Greeter?
Discover a Belgian Coastal Town seen through the eyes of a local Belgian Coast Greeter
- With a Belgian Coast Greeter you receive free of charge a personal tour of a Belgian Coastal Town.
- This is an entirely different concept than a tour performed by traditional tour guides.
- Belgian Coast Greeters are enthusiastic volunteers who live locally and who love their Coastal Town and enjoy meeting other people.
- This mutual passion forms the unique starting point to get small groups of maximum 6 persons, families, couples or individuals acquainted with a Belgian Coastal Town.
- The Belgian Coast Greeters will tailor the programme to meet the needs of the visitor.
- They will share their local knowledge and experience with the visitors and accompany them on walks to beautiful places that they have experienced themselves.
- Therefore, it certainly will not be a fixed cultural-historical conducted walking tour with a visit to classic tourist attractions along the Flemish Coast. For this kind of tours, we refer you to the traditional guide associations.
Book your Belgian Coast Greeter according to your interests
- The Belgian Coast between Knokke-Heist and De Panne has a lot more to offer than a number of attractive beaches and the sea.
- You can book a Belgian Coast Greeter who shares the same interest as you, e.g. the history of fishing, the Second World War, nature reserves and sand dunes, the large seaport of Zeebrugge, the abbeys in the hinterland, gastronomy, architecture, art, shopping and family-friendly attractions or places of interest.
- The visit with a Greeter in a Belgian Coastal Town can be completely adapted to your needs. This free service is open to everyone and persons with disabilities are also welcome.
- Your Belgian Coast Greeter is restricted to his/her own Coastal Town. Therefore, when making your reservation please indicate which Coastal Town you wish to explore with a Greeter.
What you need to know about booking a Belgian Coast Greeter
- You select your Belgian Coast Greeter. If they are not available at the time you want, you are free to ask a different one.
- Please bear in mind that a Greeter will only take you, your partner and children or a few friends. So basically, a Greeter can only accommodate a maximum of 6 people per meeting.
- You meet your Belgian Coast Greeter at a previously agreed time and place for a tour of 2 to 4 hours.
- As your Greeter is not a professional guide, you will obviously experience the place at the coast where you are through his/her eyes.
- Definitely do tell them what you are interested in and they will bring you to original spots or streets, cosy restaurants, nice shops, etc.
- Once you have agreed on a time and place to meet with your Greeter, they are always at the ready, come sun, wind or rain, all year long.
- Contact your favourite Belgian Coast Greeter in time! And they’ll contact you back as quickly as possible.
- Though please keep in mind that your Greeter might not be available or might be on holiday. In that case, you are of course free to contact a different one.
Then all you have to do is to enjoy your visit!
Due to the corona crisis, opening hours and timetables may vary. If in doubt, it is best to contact the entrepreneur himself.
Are you going out in your own country more often this summer? Subscribe to our newsletter and receive monthly tips for recreational excursions in West Flanders!